The Vice President works directly with the President in maintaining the vision and direction of the Board of Directors. The Vice President assists the President in running Board meetings and preparing an agenda. The Vice President splits time with the President to be available to different teams, as needed.
- Preparing external communications from the Board
- Performing or supervising specific duties agreed upon by the Executive Board and/or included in the Chapter bylaws (i.e., soliciting election nominations, assisting with the Advisory Committee)
- Leading special initiative for the chapter or overseeing Board roles and development
The Treasurer provides oversight for all financial related material for the Chapter. They work closely with the President and the Events Team for any expense related items to ensure that each event has a budget and stays within that budget. Works closely with Sponsorship Director to provide input on revenue-generating strategies for our Chapter.
- Develop and manage Chapter budgets
- Maintain Chapter bookkeeping and complete the Chapter’s tax preparation
- Manage Chapter’s liability insurance
- Provide reimbursements for approved Chapter-related expenses
- Present a Financial report at each Board meeting
- Education Director
Chair of Education
The Chair of Education develops new initiatives & broadens our educational industry involvement across a range of disciplines in our institution and the State of Connecticut.
The Chair of Education is:
- Committed to improving teaching practices, student groups, and resources through collaboration with fellow board members, community members, students, and educators
- Able to use new and existing resources to ensure student needs are met, and educational goals are achieved
- Tasked with ensuring overall design education across the state and, on occasion, authorize and organize educational events
Committee members support their director and the committee’s purpose. This can include event planning, outreach, research, content, and project management!
You are encouraged to lead within the committee and take responsibility for tasks assigned to you. Committee members encourage one another to stay active and creative and are encouraged to network and establish relationships with event attendees and community partners.
Open Committee Positions
- Community Committee
- Education Committee
- Programming Committee