Committee members support their director and the committee’s purpose. This can include event planning, outreach, research, content, and project management!
You are encouraged to lead within the committee and take responsibility for tasks assigned to you. Committee members encourage one another to stay active and creative and are encouraged to network and establish relationships with event attendees and community partners.
Each committee requires a different amount of commitment, on average we estimate roughly 5-10 hours a month. Committee members term is dependent on the project that you choose to help with! Committee members must have a current AIGA membership at any level (starting at $50/yr).
There are a number of benefits to becoming a leader with AIGA Connecticut but here are a few to begin:
- Helping to contribute to the community of Connecticut
- Learning new skills like leadership training, social media, event planning, and public speaking
- Complimentary registration to AIGA CT events and discounted national conferences and events
- Access to the local, regional and national design network
- Shaping the current state and future of design
- Giving back to the design profession
- Paying it forward to emerging and future creative practitioners
Open Committee Positions
- Membership Committee
- Community Committee
- Education Committee
- Programming Committee
- Design for Good Committee
- Volunteer – Work closely with the programming director and coordinate all of our amazing volunteers for events.