AIGA Connecticut 2016 Creative Scholarship
The $1,000 AIGA Connecticut Creative Scholarship program rewards undergraduate students who produce exceptional work at university art and design programs across Connecticut. Each year, one scholarship recipient is selected for their creative ability combined with their demonstrated commitment to their field of study.
This year, AIGA Connecticut will also award the top three winners a one-year Skillshare subscription (a $100 value). The submission deadline is March 31, 2016.
- Applicant must be an AIGA member or join AIGA during the application process before submission. For more information on membership visit: aiga.org/belong
- Applicant must be enrolled in a Connecticut college or university.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s design program and cannot be a senior student.
All applicants for the 2016 AIGA Connecticut Creative Scholarship program must submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2016:
- Five pieces of original work. Submissions must be digital: PDF (2MB or less), links to a website, Vimeo or Youtube are all acceptable. Please list links and/or PDF file name on the application.
- An essay on why you have chosen the field in which you are majoring in as a profession.
- One letter of reference from a professor.
- Application form, available here.
- All application materials, including the reference letter, must be submitted by the deadline.
Selection And Notification Process
All entries will be carefully evaluated by a jury of Connecticut creative professionals including Peter Good— AIGA Connecticut Fellow 2009, Richard Hollant—AIGA Connecticut former president, Alexander Isley—AIGA Medalist 2014 and AIGA Connecticut Fellow 2013, Suzanne McKenzie—AIGA Boston former President and noted social impact designer, and Pamela Williams—AIGA Connecticut Fellow 2012. Submissions will be reviewed anonymously and the winners will be determined by a final group vote.
The winners will be notified by May 12, 2016 and formally awarded at an AIGA Connecticut event.
Questions And More Information
For your convenience, you can print a copy of the entry guidelines using this link. Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions.