DEADLINE EXTENDED: 2014 Creative Scholarship
SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED: Monday, April 14th, 2014
Winner will be notified by April 30, 2013
The AIGA Connecticut Creative Scholarship contributes to the education of exceptional creative talent at university across the state. Each year a scholarship of $1000 is awarded to one student chosen for their creative ability and their expressed commitment to their field of study.
All applicants must:
• be enrolled in a Connecticut college or university
• be a Freshman, Sophomore or Junior at the time of application
• be an AIGA CT member or join AIGA during the application process before submission (visit http://aiga.org/join for details on membership)
AREAS OF STUDY
Advertising (art direction only)
Interactive Design/Motion Graphics
All applicants for the 2013 AIGA CT Creative Scholarship program must submit the following 4 components to ‘email@example.com’:
1. 5 pieces of original work (submissions can be digital in pdf format, under 2 megabytes each, or links can be provided to work from applicants online portfolio)
2. A written essay articulating why you have chosen the creative field you are majoring in as a career (MS Word or Plain Text File)
3. A letter of reference from a professor
4. Completed application form: AIGA-CT_ScholarshipApplication_2014
Entries will be carefully evaluated by a highly-qualified panel of Connecticut creative professionals, including :
Alexander Isley, Alexander Isley, Inc., 2013 AIGA Connecticut Fellow, 2014 AIGA Medalist, AIGA Connecticut Advisory Board
Pamela WIlliams, Williams & House, 2012 AIGA Connecticut Fellow, AIGA Connecticut Advisory Board
Richard Hollant, Co:Lab, AIGA Connecticut Advisory Board
John Gibson, AIGA Connecticut Advisory Board
Dontrese Brown, Creative Director, Victorinox Swiss Army, Inc.
Submissions will be reviewed individually by all judges, and a final group vote will determine the winner. The winner will be notified by April 30, 2014.
For questions or additional information:
Email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ with any questions.